What is an SSL Certificate?
An SSL certificate
enables your web site to be able to accept and transmit confidential information
securely over an encrypted internet connection. Internet users are becoming more
aware of the need to see an "https" prefix in the address bar or the padlock
icon on their browser when they submit personal information. An SSL certificate
lets you assure your site visitors that their information will be passed
securely to your website.
Why would I need an SSL Certificate?
- If you plan to have an online store or e-commerce site that accepts online
orders and credit cards.
- If you collect sensitive or personal information from your website visitors
on your website through web forms.
- If you allow partners, members, or others to log in to view information
securely from your website.
- If you want to help your customers ensure they are visiting your actual
website, avoiding phishing scams or other counterfeiting of your website.
- If you or your business desire to or are required to comply with privacy and
What are the benefits of a Positive SSL Certificate?
- Instant validation & Automatic Installation
- Your SSL certificate will be automatically issued and installed on your server
in a matter of minutes.
- Domain Validated Certificate Issued by Comodo -
Comodo has a well earned reputation in the Web Security industry, with leading
customer care and technical support.
- Site Seal - Ability to display a special icon
on your page validating that your site is secure.
- Trusted by all popular Browsers - Positive SSL
Certificates are supported by: Internet Explorer 5.01+, Firefox 0.1+, Mozilla
0.6+, AOL 5+, Opera 8+, Safari 1.2+.
- 128/256 bit encryption - Supports highest
security 256 bit encryption, while remaining backwards-compatible with older
browsers that only support 128 bit encryption.
- Unlimited Re-Issuance Policy - If you change
servers or hosts, you can have your certificate re-issued to work in its new