Secure SSL Certificate
Tue 07/14/2009 8:07 AM
What is an SSL Certificate?
An SSL certificate enables your web site to be able to accept and transmit confidential information securely over an encrypted internet connection. Internet users are becoming more aware of the need to see an "https" prefix in the address bar or the padlock icon on their browser when they submit personal information. An SSL certificate lets you assure your site visitors that their information will be passed securely to your website.
Why would I need an SSL Certificate?
If you plan to have an online store or e-commerce site that accepts online orders and credit cards.
If you collect sensitive or personal information from your website visitors on your website through web forms.
If you allow partners, members, or others to log in to view information securely from your website.
If you want to help your customers ensure they are visiting your actual website, avoiding phishing scams or other counterfeiting of your website.
If you or your business desire to or are required to comply with privacy and security regulations.
What are the benefits of a Positive SSL Certificate?
Instant validation & Automatic Installation
- Your SSL certificate will be automatically issued and installed on your server in a matter of minutes.
Domain Validated Certificate Issued by Comodo
- Comodo has a well earned reputation in the Web Security industry, with leading customer care and technical support.
- Ability to display a special icon on your page validating that your site is secure.
Trusted by all popular Browsers
- Positive SSL Certificates are supported by: Internet Explorer 5.01+, Firefox 0.1+, Mozilla 0.6+, AOL 5+, Opera 8+, Safari 1.2+.
128/256 bit encryption
- Supports highest security 256 bit encryption, while remaining backwards-compatible with older browsers that only support 128 bit encryption.
Unlimited Re-Issuance Policy
- If you change servers or hosts, you can have your certificate re-issued to work in its new location.